Remember, bikesales will not contact you via SMS providing you with seller details.
We recommend that you only ever contact sellers directly through the bikesales website.
- Do not email or SMS sellers directly.
- Do not contact sellers through email details listed in advertisements comments.
If you are contacted by a suspicious seller who you cannot meet, or speak to, or who wants to proceed with a sale through a third party company please be cautious. If you are unsure please phone our Customer Care Team on 13 SALE (13 72 53) for assistance.
If you are engaged in any ongoing correspondence with a suspicious seller we urge you to exercise caution; do not provide any personal or financial information or part with any money in advance of taking possession of the goods.
If you think you have seen a scam or have been scammed by a buyer or seller you can contact the Australian Competition and Consumer Affairs Commission:
- by phone on 1300 302 502; or
- by an online report by following the links on www.scamwatch.gov.au
- you can also report online fraud to Australian Government via the website http://www.acorn.gov.au/
- we also recommend that you sign up for the Stay Smart Online email alerts https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/alert_service/subscribe